Sunday, February 17, 2008

Maturity

I sat at the table and just looked around. There we were. (Nearly) Twenty-seven completely different people sitting, talking, laughing, hugging and I wished it could always be this way. I know it's naive of me to think so as nothing is ever as it seems nor does it stay as it is, but for a split moment, the pure joy of the room led me to believe that anything was possible. Anything is possible. Why shouldn't it be? When I sit at work and watch the kids play, anything is possible. They can be an undercover popstar, an architect, a "guy that drives the plane"...they can even all be best friends. What changes? Why can't we? Immaturity seems to be coincided with children when really, it's the adults who are the immature ones. When a child is hurt by another, it takes a hug and an "I'm sorry" to be best friends four-and-a-half minutes later. For an adult who has been hurt by another, it practically takes a banner in the sky and a million dollars to be forgiven for speaking a negative comment. So really, who needs to grow up? Children or Adults? 

All we need to do is learn from the kids. The next time someone hurts you or makes you mad, call them a stupidhead, shed a tear and make up over cookies and kool-aid. It would make everything easier.

2 comments:

susy said...

i love what you say in this post so much, because i totally agree with what you say about adults and maturity, you deserve a cookie damnit!

Drop a tear in my wineglass said...

Your posts are wise and very mature. I don't know what kids oyu're talking about, but I think it's possible to generalize and say that for all children, life is in the moment. I
ve heard many say that that is how you should live your life, and I suppose it's important to try to, in some extent at least.